SPL solves the problem of broadband connectivity
Making it affordable and accessible anywhere.
Stratospheric Platforms Limited was founded in 2014. Deutsche Telekom became a major investor in 2016 to turn the project into reality – to establish communication links via the stratosphere, complementing and extending existing mobile and fixed terrestrial networks through “masts in the sky”.
Since then the company has grown to a team of highly skilled engineers, project managers and experienced leaders in the aerospace, telecoms and hydrogen industries. SPL has established an international supply-chain of notable, highly respected, innovative companies.
Our pioneering technology will deliver fast, reliable 5G, and will allow roll out to take place far quicker than traditional terrestrial solutions.
- Engineered to deliver 4G/5G services directly to standard smartphones and user equipment
- Our technology is powered by hydrogen – a 100% sustainable, green energy source
- Platform capable of operating for over a week on station at stratospheric altitudes
- Platform designed from the outset to be certified for operation in civil airspace
- Our technology provides uninterrupted, broadband coverage over a wide area (up to 140km diameter footprint)
- Unique hydrogen fuel cell technology delivers huge power source 24/7 without the limitations of solar power
- Capable of deployment anywhere on Earth
- Our company is proud to be certified to BSI international aerospace quality standards
THE FUTURE IS LOOKING UP
SPL forges ahead in 2021…Continue reading
SPL & TWI – A HYDROGEN FUEL TANK FOR THE FUTURE OF COMMUNICATIONS
We are proud to be working with TWI to bring our Hydrogen Fuel Power systems to fruition; “TWI has been working with Stratospheric Platforms Limited (SPL) to provide bespoke hydrogen testing capability and materials performance assessments, aiming to support the testing and certification of a fuel cell power system for aircraft. To date, TWI has […]Continue reading
GET IN TOUCH
Get in touch with the team.Continue reading